Associate ProfessorMichał Zieliński
Education and degrees
- 2013 - Habilitation, Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Chemistry, Poznań, Poland „Magnesium fluoride and magnesium oxide-modified magnesium fluoride as supports of metal catalysts of hydrogenation of aromatic hydrocarbons”
- 2011 - Post-graduation studies, Higher School of Banking in Poznań; One-year studies „Manager of research and development project”
- 2003 - Ph.D. (Chemistry), Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Chemistry, Poznań, Poland; “Catalysts for the removal of nitrogen oxides from waste gas”
- 1998 - M.Sc. (Chemistry), Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Chemistry, Poznań, Poland; „Catalysts for the removal of nitrogen oxides from exhaust gas – NO reduction with propene”
- 2018 – up to now - Associate Professor, Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Chemistry, Poznań, Poland
- 2003-2018 - Assistant Professor, Adam Mickiewicz University, Faculty of Chemistry, Poznań, Poland
- 2004-2007 (three times/13 months) - postdoctoral fellow at Henri Poincaré University in Nancy - Université de Lorraine (France).
Author and co-author of over 60 scientific papers which were cited over 900 times (according to Google Scholar). Member of the Polish Catalysis Club and the Polish Chemical Society.
Scopus Author ID – 7101812855
- Member of Polish Chemical Society
- Member of Polish Catalysis Club
- Member of European Federation of Catalysis Societies
- Member of Polish Zeolite Society
- Member of the Scientific Council of the Chemical Sciences Discipline
- Member of the Department for Distance Learning
- Tutor of students of 1st degree Chemistry at the Faculty of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University, specialization - Application chemistry
- 2005, 2006: Polish Science Foundation scholarship for young scientists
- 2005: Scholarship of the City of Poznań for the year of 2005
- 2004: Award received from the Dean of the Faculty of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University for the best doctoral dissertation presented in the academic year of 2003/2004
several AMU Rector‘s awards for scientific and organizational activities
- heterogeneous catalysis;
- synthesis and characterization of metallic catalysts;
- synthesis and catalytic applications of new materials (MgF2, AlF3, MgF2-MgO, micro and mesoporous materials);
- catalytic hydrogenation of organic compounds; CO2 methanization, reduction of nitrogen oxides and CO oxidation.
- M. Kot, A. Kiderys, E. Janiszewska, M. Pietrowski, C.-M. Yang, M. Zieliński, Hydrogenation of toluene over nickel nanoparticles supported on SBA-3 and AlSBA-3 materials, Catalysis Today, 356 (2020) 64-72.
- N. Capece, A. Sadier, C.P. Ferraz, J. Thuriot-Roukos, M. Pietrowski, M. Zielinski, S. Paul, F. Cavani, R. Wojcieszak, Aerobic oxidation of 1,6-hexanediol to adipic acid over Au-based catalysts: the role of basic supports, Catalysis Science & Technology, 10 (2020) 2644-2651.
- A. Kiderys, M. Kot, E. Janiszewska, M. Pietrowski, C.-M. Yang, M. Zieliński, SBA materials as support of iridium catalyst for hydrogenation reactions, Catalysis Today, 356 (2020) 178-186.
- E. Alwin, W. Nowicki, R. Wojcieszak, M. Zieliński, M. Pietrowski, Elucidating the structure of the graphitic carbon nitride nanomaterials via X-ray photoelectron spectroscopy and X-ray powder diffraction techniques, Dalton Transactions, 49 (2020) 12805-12813.
- M. Pietrowski, M. Zieliński, E. Alwin, I. Gulaczyk, R. Przekop, M. Wojciechowska, Cobalt-doped magnesium fluoride as a support for platinum catalysts: The correlation of surface acidity with hydrogenation activity, Journal of Catalysis, 378 (2019) 298-311.
- C.P. Ferraz, M. Zielinski, M. Pietrowski, S. Heyte, F. Dumeignil, L.M. Rossi, R. Wojcieszak, Influence of Support Basic Sites in Green Oxidation of Biobased Substrates Using Au-Promoted Catalysts, Acs Sustainable Chemistry & Engineering, 6 (2018) 16332-16340.
- E. Janiszewska, M. Zieliński, M. Kot, E. Kowalewski, A. Śrębowata, Aqueous‐Phase Hydrodechlorination of Trichloroethylene on Ir Catalysts Supported on SBA‐3 Materials, ChemCatChem 10 (2018) 4109-4118.
- E. Janiszewska, M. Kot, M. Zieliński, Modification of silica with NH4+ agents to prepare an acidic support for iridium hydrogenation catalyst, Microporous and Mesoporous Materials, 255 (2018) 94-102.
- M. Zieliński, M. Pietrowski, A. Kiderys, M. Kot, E. Alwin, A comparative study of the performance of Pt/MgF2, Ir/MgF2 and Ru/MgF2 catalysts in hydrogenations reactions, Journal of Fluorine Chemistry, 175 (2017) 18-25.
- M. Zielinski, A. Kiderys, M. Pietrowski, I. Tomska-Foralewska, M. Wojciechowska, Synthesis and characterization of new Mg-O-F system and its application as catalytic support, Catalysis Communications, 76 (2016) 54-57.
- M. Zieliński, The catalytic and physico-chemical properties of Ni/MgF2-MgO catalysts, Applied Catalysis A: General, 449 (2012) 15-22.