Associate ProfessorMariusz Majchrzak
- Orcid: orcid.org/0000-0001-5409-7555
- Google Scholar: scholar.google.com/citations?user=P26EQSgAAAAJ&hl=pl; scholar.google.com/citations?user=P26EQSgAAAAJ&hl=en
- 2019 Professor UAM, Department of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
- 2018 Habilitation, Department of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
- 2006-2007 Researcher - postdoc Position Marie Curie Fellowship, University of Durham UK
- 2003 PhD in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
- 1997 Master degree in Chemistry, Department of Chemistry, Adam Mickiewicz University in Poznań, Poland
- 2011 – Member of The Polish Chemical Society
- 2006 - Member of The Marie Curie Fellows Association (MCFA)
- 01.2006-12.2008 Member of The Interdisciplinary Research Centre in Polymer Science and Technology (IRC - Universities of Durham, Leeds, Bradford).
- 2008 The Second Team Award from the Rector of the University of Adam Mickiewicz, for scientific achievements in the academic year 2007/2008
- 2006-2008 Marie Curie Fellowship FP6
- 2006 The Second Team Award from the Rector of the University of Adam Mickiewicz, for scientific achievements in the academic year 2005/2006,
- 2004 The First Team Award from the Minister of National Education for scientific achievements, co-authorship in a series of international publications in the field of silicon chemistry.
- Homogeneous catalysis with d-block metal complexes
- Coordination chemistry of silicon and boron compounds
- Development and synthesis of conjugated, dedicated, molecular organic, organosilicon and boronorganic compounds and hybrid polymeric materials with a controlled structure and specific photoluminescent properties
- Optimization of reaction conditions such as: Silylative Coupling, Metathesis, ROMP, Suzuki, Heck, Hydrosilylation and their application in the modern synthesis of new compounds
- Organometallic chemistry
The aim of my research is to design and synthesize new conjugated organic compounds of silicon and boron with precisely defined structures and their derivatives containing nitrogen, oxygen or sulfur atom, through appropriately selected catalytic transformations. The development of dedicated structures is very motivating for the improvement of effective, convenient and useful catalytic tools - reactions. Attractive physical properties of new materials as well as simplicity of processing, allow for wide use in simply molecular electronics. Most of them are mainly applied in optoelectronic devices (layers system), e.g. OLED, WOLED, transistor circuit and optical modulators.
- M. Frydrych, B. Sztorch, D. Frąckowiak, M. Majchrzak, . B. Marciniec, ‘New Functionalized Borasilsesquioxanes Obtained via Metathetical Transformation of 4-Vinylphenylborasilsesquioxanes’, European Journal of Inorganic Chemistry, 2020, 3597–3600.
- K. Rachuta, M. Bayda-Smykaj, J. Koput, G. L. Hug, M. Majchrzak, B. Marciniak, 'Why does the presence of silicon atoms improve the emission properties of biphenyl derivatives? - Verification of various hypotheses by experiment and theory', Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2019, 21, 20384-20392.
- M. Majchrzak, G. Wilkowski, M. Kubicki, 'Highly stereo-selective and efficient catalytic approach for the synthesis of new trans-stilbene-arenes as a p-conjugated material', European Journal of Organic Chemistry, 2017, 29, 4291–4299.
- K. Rachuta, M. Bayda, M. Majchrzak, J. Koput, B. Marciniak, 'Unusual emission properties of the selected organosilicon compounds containing a styrylcarbazole chromophore: inversion of the singlet excited states', Physical Chemistry Chemical Physics, 2017, 19, 11698-11705.
- E. Silarska, M. Majchrzak, A. M. Trzeciak, 'Efﬁcient functionalization of oleﬁns by arylsilanes catalyzed by palladium anionic complexes', Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 2017, 426, 458–464.
- M. Walczak, R. Januszewski, M. Majchrzak, M. Kubicki, B. Dudziec, B. Marciniec, 'Unusual cis and trans architecture of dihydrofunctional double-decker shaped silsesquioxane and synthesis of its ethyl bridged p-conjugated arene derivatives', New Journal of Chemistry, 2017, 41, 3290-3296
- M. Ludwiczak, M. Bayda, M. Dutkiewicz, D. Frąckowiak, M. Majchrzak, B. Marciniak, B. Marciniec, 'New Arylene-Germylene-Vinylene Compounds: Stereoselective Synthesis, Characterization and Photophysical Properties', Organometallics, 2016, 35, 2454-261.
- P. Żak, M. Majchrzak, G. Wilkowski, B. Dudziec, M. Dutkiewicz, B. Marciniec, 'Synthesis and characterization of functionalized molecular and macromolecular double-decker silsesquioxane systems', RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 10054-10063.
- M. Majchrzak, S. Kostera, B. Marciniec, M. Kubicki, 'An efficient catalytic synthesis and characterization of new styryl-ferrocene and their trans-conjugated organosilicon materials', RSC Advances, 2016, 6, 39947-39954.
- M. Majchrzak, M. Grzelak, B. Marciniec, 'Synthesis of novel styryl-N-isopropyl-9H-carbazoles for designing trans-conjugated regular silicon hybrid materials', Organic & Biomolecular Chemistry, 2016, 14, 9406-9415.
- M. Bayda, M. Ludwiczak, G.L. Hug, M. Majchrzak, B. Marciniec, B. Marciniak, 'Intramolecular charge transfer photoemission of a silicon-based copolymer containing carbazole and divinylbenzene chromophores. Electron transfer across silicon bridges', Journal of Physical Chemistry A, 2014, 118, 4750-4758
- M. Majchrzak, S. Kostera, M. Kubicki, I. Kownacki, 'Synthesis of new styrylarenes via Suzuki-Miyaura coupling catalysed by highly active, well-defined palladium catalysts', Dalton Transactions, 2013, 42, 15535-15539.
- M. Majchrzak, P.J. Hine, E. Khosravi, 'A New Class of Autonomous Self-Healing System via ROMP', Polymer (UK), 2012, 53, 5251-5257.
- W. Buchowicz, A. Furmańczyk, J. Zachara, M. Majchrzak, 'Axial chiral metallocenes by two-fold ring-closing metathesis', Dalton Transactions, 2012, 41, 9269-9271.
- A. Skarżyńska, M. Majchrzak, A. M. Trzeciak, B. Marciniec, 'An efficient synthesis of functional stilbenes in Hiyama coupling reaction catalyzed by H-spirophosphorane palladium complex', Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 2011, 351, 128-135.
- B. Marciniec, H. Ławicka, M. Majchrzak, M. Kubicki, I. Kownacki, 'Synthesis of functionalized vinylgermanes through a new ruthenium-catalyzed coupling reaction', Chemistry A European Journal, 2006, 12(1), 244-250.
- W. Prukała, M. Majchrzak, C. Pietraszuk, B. Marciniec, 'Highly stereoselective synthesis of E-4-chlorostilbene and its derivatives via tandem cross-metathesis (or silylation-coupling) and Hiyama coupling', Journal of Molecular Catalysis A: Chemical, 2006, 254(1-2), 58-63.
- M. Majchrzak, B. Marciniec, M. Kubicki, A. Pawełczyk, 'Highly Selective Synthesis and Structural Characterization of Bis(silyl)--ferrocenophane Derivatives', Organometallics, 2005, 24, 3731-3736.
- Y. Itami, M. Majchrzak, B. Marciniec, M. Kubicki, 'Novel Organosilicon Starburst Compounds Based on Ruthenium-Catalyzed Silylative Coupling Reactions of 1,3,5-Tris(dimethylvinylsilyl)benzene', Organometallics, 2003, 22, 1835-1842.
- M. Majchrzak, B. Marciniec, Y. Itami, 'Highly stereoselective synthesis of arylene-silylene-vinylene polymers', Advanced Synthesis and Catalysis, 2005, 347, 1285-1294.